For the first time ever the digital version of a new season of Game of Thrones will be made available before the physical release! This adds to the many options for users who want to watch Game of Thrones online and allows fans to get their digital streaming fix sooner than ever. Game of Thrones in streaming form will be available on August 31st, 2015.
Here are the special features you’ll recieve when you purchase the digital versions of Game of Thrones season 5:
- Introduction to Dorne* – Visit the kingdom of Dorne in this special that delves inside the impressive realm and its many colorful characters, including Prince Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig) and the fiery Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) and her venomous Sand Snakes (Keisha Castle-Hughes, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers and Jessica Henwick).
- Poisons of Westeros* – Explore the devious methods of poisoning seen throughoutGame of Thrones in this featurette.
- Invitation to the Set – Visit the set of Game of Thrones for this intriguing preview.
- A Day in the Life – Glimpse the epic scale of Game of Thrones in this featurette that spends one day touring various Season 5 sets in Croatia, Spain and Ireland. See cast members preparing to shoot scenes while prominent members of the show’s massive crew talk about the many jobs they must oversee-sets and costumes, hair and makeup, and much more-to keep the production operating smoothly.
- Set Design – Production designer Deborah Riley reveals the thought process behind the impressive sets used to create the territory of Dorne in Season 5.
- The Weapons of Dorne – Game of Thrones weapons master Tommy Dunne takes a close-up look at the razor-sharp armaments he created for the Sand Snakes and other inhabitants of Dorne in this featurette.
- New Characters & Locations – Take a tour of the new locations in Season 5 and meet some of the new players in this featurette. Included are visits to the sets of Dorne and the House of Black and White as well as introductions to Doran Martell, the Sand Snakes, the High Sparrow, and more.
- Season 4 Recap – Revisit every twist and turn from the thrilling fourth season.
- Trailer – Whet your appetite for Season 5 with this exhilarating glimpse at things to come.
The DVD and Blu-Ray will be released on March 15th, 2016. Presumably about a month before the premiere date for Game of Thrones season 6. The above features will probably be included in the DVD and/or Blu-Ray sets as well but HBO hasn’t confirmed that. You can pre-order Game of Thrones season 5 on DVD or BD here.