Update: Our review.
The fourth season of Game of Thrones is set to be released on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Download on February 17th, 2015. As you can see here, the official box art has been unveiled. The set will also include the usual array of behind-the-scenes- segments, histories and lore of Westeros, and audio commentaries, among other things (full details below). You can PREORDER NOW to lock in a lower price.
The Blu-ray set (which comes with a Digital Copy) will be available for $79.98, while the DVD set will be $59.99. There are no pre-order options available yet, but we’ll get them to you as soon as possible.
This information comes from an HBO press release, the transcript of which you can read here:
GAME OF THRONES®: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASONNominated for 19 Emmy Awards® Including Outstanding Drama Series
Available February 17, 2015 on Blu-rayTM with Digital Copy, DVD & Digital HD
Loaded with Exclusive Bonus Content Including Comprehensive Guides & Illustrated Histories
New York, N.Y., July 15, 2014 – “The most epic, ambitious show on television” (Chicago Sun-Times) is back and bigger than ever when Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season hits stores this winter. Season 4 of the hit HBO series, which broke ratings records and topped The Sopranos® to become the most popular show in the network’s history, was nominated for 19 Emmy® awards including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Lena Headey). One of the best-selling TV on BD/DVD titles in each of its years of release, Game of Thrones follows the noble families of Westeros as they battle for control of the Seven Kingdoms. Available February 17, 2015 on Blu-ray with Digital Copy ($79.98), DVD ($59.99) and Digital HD, Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is packed with exclusive new bonus content including roundtable discussions, on-set interviews, audio commentaries, and brand new animated histories giving fans hours of extensive, never-before-seen material.
Blu-ray with Digital Copy – includes all DVD features plus:
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Histories & Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Behind the Battle for the Wall – Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
- The Fallen: A Roundtable – Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature will shed light on what it’s like to live-and die-in the Game of Thrones world.
- The Politics of Power: A Look Back at Season 3 – Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
- Bastards of Westeros – Hear showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentaries – Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more!
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season
Blu-ray with Digital Copy, DVD & Digital HD
Street Date: February 17, 2015
Order Date: January 13, 2015
Runtime: Approx. 600 minutes (not including extra features)
Price: $79.98 Blu-ray with Digital Copy (5 BD Discs)
$59.99 DVD (5 Discs)
This will definitely be one to add to the collection! Pre-order to get a steep discount from Amazon right now.
Game of Thrones returns in Spring 2015. We’ll provide an exact air date when we have it.