If you’re anything like me, the Game of Thrones hiatus is almost painful. Spring never seemed so far away!
Here’s a quick list of ways to help make it through until the upcoming season four premiere.
- Take the time to read the brilliant books written by George R.R. Martin that the series is based on. If you didn’t know that it was actually a book series first, crawl out of that rock you’ve been living under and get to the nearest Barnes and Noble.
- Follow the hilarious actors on twitter as they keep us updated on all things Westeros- with a few quippy puns you would never expect from the characters.
- Write a list of all the things you want to see in Season Four. Top of mine: Someone finally cutting off Joffrey’s head. Bonus points if it’s Sansa because hello, character development.
- Search for beautiful fanart like the below picture of our favorite Khaleesi created by Stanley Lau.
- Rewatch the first three seasons, perhaps incorporating one of the many drinking games in. Example: Take a shot every time Jon Snow knows nothing.
- Stalk the actor’s instagram accounts and bask in the hilarity that is seeing them in completely normal, and often silly, situations.
Bet you never thought you’d see Tywin and Cersei enjoying a father-daughter beach day!
- Stare at Emilia Clarke’s beautiful face for hours on end.
- Develop a betting pool with all your Game of Thrones friends on who’s going to die next. Winner gets a goblet full of tears.
- Run out and grab The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister. This new highly anticipated booklet was written by George R.R. Martin and comes out October 29th. Finally, we all get a look into the brilliant mind of one of our favorite characters.
- And finally, stay tuned to HBOWatch for all the latest casting updates and Game of Thrones news!
Season 4 begins in Spring 2014. We’ll get you an exact date for your alleviation when we get it. We hope you’re managing in the mean time!