It’s the moment many Trubies have been waiting for. True Blood Season 5 is arriving on DVD soon! The May 21st date gives us a bit of insight into a possible True Blood Season 6 premiere date. HBO times DVDs and Blu-Ray releases about 4-6 weeks before a new season premiere. So this more or less confirms most people’s suspicions that the new season will premiere sometime in late spring / early summer. Here are the details straight from HBO:
A vampire civil war is brewing, Sookie’s best friend is dead and an old vampire foe has returned to wreak havoc on the human race. True Blood continues to be one of television’s most popular series and the wildly entertaining fifth season will be available on Blu-ray with DVD and Digital Copy (Blu-ray with HBO Select* $79.98), DVD ($59.99) and Digital Download on May 21, 2013. Both sets include the full 12-episode season, along with extensive bonus materials including exclusive interviews and never-before-seen content.
Called “fangtastic” (US Weekly) and “cheeky…great fun” (Variety.com), True Blood: The Complete Fifth Season finds Sookie triumphant over her climactic encounter with Marnie. However, her showdown with Debbie may have had fatal consequences for Tara. Meanwhile, the denizens of Bon Temps are approaching a new crisis with Russell Edgington, Bill and Eric are in deep with the Authority and new threats from unexpected sources loom.
Full of captivating back stories and extensive audio commentaries, the fifth season’s bonus materials offer appetizing tidbits for diehard fans.
Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- True Blood Episode Six: Autopsy – Join the cast and crew as they dissect the major events of episode six and provide an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at how True Blood is made.
- Authority Confessionals – Learn more about the mysterious institution known as The Authority, from Nora, Kibwe, Rosalyn, Salome, Steve and Russell.
- Enhanced Viewing:
- Character Bios, Vampire Histories and Hints/FYIs: Get even more background on favorite characters, trivia facts as well as show hints and clues.
- Flashback/Flash Forward: Move through time in the world of Bon Temps. Flashback to relive pivotal moments or Flash Forward to reveal the significance of a certain scene.
- True Blood Lines – Uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging, fully interactive “re-Vamped” guide and archive.
- Inside the Episodes – Get the back stories on each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers.
- Audio Commentaries – five commentaries with cast and crew including creator/executive producer Alan Ball, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Denis O’Hare, Carrie Preston and many more!
- Previews & Recap
*Blu-ray with HBO Select offers buyers the choice of three ways to watch in one set – Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy – and at no additional cost. The digital copy is redeemable via a provider of your choice: iTunes, Vudu or Amazon, as well as an UltraViolet copy through supporting providers.
Preorder your copy and confirm the latest pricing on Amazon: [amazon_link id=”B0092Q82LC” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]DVD Only[/amazon_link] / [amazon_link id=”B0092QDMQ2″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Blu-Ray Combo Pack[/amazon_link]
its on sale at Future Shop right now also. I don’t have to wait until May 21
I love it a lot too?
Yes it need to be sooner . With kids it’s hard to get it all in before the next one.
it has been the 13 already, why isn’t it out yett?
March 13th is the date this article was posted. It’s not out yet because as the article says…the release date for this DVD, just like the other seasons are in May. This year, this May 21st.
so excited for season 6!!
Finally we have a date. Why does it take true blood soooo long to put out DVD. DVD should be out at Christmas. We need time to watch all episodes before new season starts.
I agree I like to watch before the new season starts
Bought season 5 today at Wal-Mart on blu-ray.
How did you do that? They just said it’s coming out on May 21st 2013. Does your Walmart have a time machine?