HBO quietly released information to retailers around the world with details on the upcoming release of Boardwalk Empire season 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray. On August 28th you’ll be able to own the second season of BWE in a shiny-new 5-disc boxed set. Details are below for those interested. HBO often releases DVD, Blu-Ray and digital copies of their series just in time for the premiere of the following season. In this case Boardwalk Empire season 3 will be hitting HBO’s air on September 16th so be sure to grab your copy of season to to brush up on all of the happenings in Atlantic city. Check out all of the special features below and be sure to pre-order season 2 on DVD or the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack now to make sure it’s on the way!
Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- Includes Blu-ray with HBO Select, DVD + Digital Copy
- “Living in 1921″ – Look back in time and discover the styles, sounds and events that defined 1921 in this comprehensive, interactive guide.
- “Secrets of the Past: Storytelling in Episode 11″ – Hear from the writers, cast members and crew of Boardwalk Empire in this enhanced, picture-in-picture feature as they reflect on season two and the pivotal episode “Under God’s Power She Flourishes.”
- Character Dossier – Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this interactive, in-feature character guide.
- “Back to Boardwalk” – Revisit season one of Boardwalk Empire with creator/executive producer Terence Winter in this 15-minute recap.
- “The Money Decade” – Explore the legacy of the 1920s and get an inside look at the styles and trends that made the decade “roar.”
- “Updates to the Boardwalk” – Production designer Bill Groom and creator/executive producer Terence Winter discuss the new sets of season two.
- Character Dossier – Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this evolving, comprehensive character guide.
- New Characters – Get acquainted with the two new major characters in season two: Owen Sleater and Manny Horvitz.
- Season Two Promo Spot – Written by creator/executive producer Terence Winter
- Audio Commentaries – Six audio commentaries with cast and crew including Terence Winter, Tim Van Patten, Howard Korder, Allen Coulter, Steve Buscemi, Jack Huston, Michael Kenneth Williams and Gretchen Mol.