September is Emmy season when Hollywood awards its own yet again. In fact, it goes overboard with all the awards it gives itself. Anyway, the Creative Emmys held its ceremony and HBO once again dominated that field during the event. Below courtesy of Deadline, is the recipients in excellence from HBO for the 2016-2017 TV season.
* Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series goes to VEEP. It is kind of the perfect cast, isn’t it?
* Outstanding Children’s Program goes to ONCE UPON A SESAME STREET CHRISTMAS. Muppets rule!
* Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour Or Less) goes to VEEP. I guess it looks believable that it really isn’t in D. C.
* Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour) goes to WESTWORLD. Yes, even sound mixing gets its dues.
* Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program goes to WESTWORLD. That Is for all the computer & video graphics seen throughout the series.
* Outstanding Special Visual Effects goes to WESTWORLD for the “The Bicameral Mind” episode.
* Outstanding Music Supervision goes to BIG LITTLE LIES We all know how music can make a scene.
*Outstanding Cinematography For A Limited Series Or Movie goes to THE NIGHT OF. Yeah, I can see that.
* Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special goes to THE NIGHT OF. Any means to recognize this well done limited series is okay by me
* Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Series Or Movie goes to THE NIGHT OF for the “The Beach” episode.
* Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series goes to WESTWORLD. See, I told you they gave awards for anything, but I did think Maeve’s hair was always just right.
* Outstanding Contemporary Costumes For A Series, Limited Series Or Movie goes to BIG LITTLE LIES. We knew they were dressed smartly.
* Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Limited Series Or Movie goes to THE NIGHT OF. The picture here is case in point.
* Outstanding Casting For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special goes to BIG LITTLE LIES. That casting staff knew how to pick ‘em.
* Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour) goes to VEEP. It always looks sharp!
* Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) goes to WESTWORLD for those subtle difference between human and Hosts.
* Outstanding Interactive Program goes to LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER. Whatever that award means. You sit and watch it how interactive is that? Unless it is because of the # hashtags he offers up. Which has aided in the crashing of many a website.
* Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Variety Series Or Special goes to the 2017 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY. It shared the honor with the 59th Grammy Awards.
* Outstanding Picture Editing For Variety Programming goes to LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER. It was for that blowing up 2016 thing.
Congratulations winners. The remaining awards are presented at the Primetime Emmy event on Sunday, September 17. We will take a look at those HBO nominees & winners soon.