HBO News Blog

HBO Schedule: 2017 Air Dates & Season Premieres

August 17th 2017

This HBO TV schedule is updated regularly with the most current air dates and premiere dates available anywhere on the web. You’re probably wondering when the new season of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley or Westworld will air, right?  When can I watch my my favorite series online with HBO Go?  You’ve come to the right place because we’ve got all of the latest HBO season premieres in one place. Be sure to check back often as HBO schedule information is updated regularly. Note that some of our start times are estimated so it’s not a guarantee that your favorite show will come out at that time. HBO has fairly consistent seasonal time slots.  All airings and timetables will be updated accordingly as we get more information.

Want to know what’s on HBO right now? A more detailed schedule for August 2017 can be found here.
Here’s what we know about the HBO schedule which was last updated Thursday, August 17th, 2017:

Series Premiere Date Countdown (EST/PST)
Game of Thrones

ON THE AIR Sundays @ 10:30PM
Streaming Insecure

Westworld
Season 2
Season 2 Confirmed
Air Date: 2018
Season 2 Air Date TBD 2018.
Watch Westworld Online

Season 2 Air Date TBD.
Watch High Maintenance Online
Divorce
Season 2
Season 2 Confirmed
Air Date: TBD 2017
Divorce Season 2 Air Date TBD.
Watch HBO’s Divorce Online
Vice Principals
Season 2
Season 2 Confirmed
Air Date TBD 2017
Season 2 Air Date TBD
The Wire HD
Complete Series
Confirmed!
Now Available
HD Series on HBO Go Now , Blu-Ray Now!
The Mighty 8th

Watch Vice Online

HBO Documentaries
Various Documentaries
Monday Nights
Various
on-the-air-HBO-Shows  Monday Nights @ 8PM

*estimated date based on HBO’s previous scheduling, updated as information becomes available

Confirmed New Series, Special Events & Series

Game Change Sequel DOUBLE DOWN: Game Change 2012 In Production
Ken Burns Mini-Series The Life of Boxer Jack Johnson In Production
Bored to Death Movie Motion Picture Confirmed In Production
Napoleon Series In Development
American Gods Series not on HBO
Dark Tower Series not on HBO

We update this page continuously but with all of these air dates and premieres flying around, even we can mess up once in a while! If you see something that appears to be inaccurate or you’d like to see an HBO program added to this page please contact us or leave a comment below!

Recently Cancelled/Concluded HBO Series

Vinyl Season 2 Cancelled
Togetherness No Season 3
The Brink Season 2 Unconfirmed
Getting On No Season 4. Series Concluded.
The Newsroom Final Season 3. Series Concluded. No Newsroom Season 4
Boardwalk Empire Series Concluded. No Boardwalk Season 6.
True Blood FINAL Season 7; Series Concluded No True Blood Season 8.
Enlightened Series Cancelled after Two Seasons.
Entourage Final Movie Aired
Hello Ladies No Season 2. Final Special Movie Aired.
Life’s Too Short Series Concluded.  Finale Aired July 5th, 2013
Parade’s End Concluded. See On-Demand & HBOGo.
Eastbound and Down Series Concluded.  Finale Aired.
Family Tree No Season 2 on HBO
The Life & Times of Tim Series Concluded: Finale Aired February 17, 2012
Luck  Entire series cancelled due to controversy over horse deaths.
Bored to Death Cancelled: Motion Picture Confirmed In Production
How to Make it in America Cancelled: New episodes no longer on the air.
Hung Cancelled: New episodes no longer on the air.
Doll and Em Back for Season 2!
Treme Series Concluded.

New on DVD & Blu-Ray

View All HBO Series on DVD/Blu-Ray

948 comments

1. Is there a release date for the Cormoran Strike series yet?

• Jef Dinsmore /

CORMORAN STRIKE is a BBC/HBO joint production. THe BBC has recently announced that the limited series will air in the UK starting August 27, 2017. So that means it could appear on HBO by the end of this year or early 2018 at the latest.

2. Lizzy Schofield /

will the defiant ones documentary be released on dvd?

• Jef Dinsmore /

We are sure that it will but I checked HBO Shop & Amazon for you and a DVD or Blu-Ray is not released as of yet.

3. Michael /

Insecure announced July 23 Season Two Premiere!

4. Michael /

Vice is currently airing!

• Jef Dinsmore /

Yes, it is halfway through a 30 installment run and I watch every week.

5. Kathi O'Brien David /

Will HBO be showing Seasons 1-6 of Game of Thrones prior to the Season 7 premiere on July 16th?

6. Scott Ritter /

when will season 1 of West World re-air?

• Jef Dinsmore /

It will appear on HBO2 in June, plus is available on HBO)Now/GO.

Westworld 01: “The Original” – Mon, Jun 5, 8:00PM ET

HBO2 EAST

Westworld 09: “The Well-Tempered Clavier” Fri, Jun 9, 8:00PM ET
      HBO2 EAST

Westworld 10: “The Bicameral Mind” – Fri, Jun 9, 8:59PM ET
      HBO2 EAST

• Scott Ritter /

Thank you Jef! Any other Gems showing late summer – fall. I am pushing costumes to stores based on your licenses GoT. West World, I would love to have stores loaded up on costumes form their favorite shows that are fresh on their minds. Thanks again, scotty

7. Janet Brown /

When is The Deuce going to be shown?

• Jef Dinsmore /

It is coming this fall but no actual debut date has been set. So, we’d say mid-October. We will announce it when it becomes official.

• I read the premiere will be held during the ‘Split Screens Festival’. Will it start airing then or will that be a “private” premiere? Source: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/mr-robot-better-call-saul-the-deuce-split-screens-festival-1201816491/

• Jef Dinsmore /

That is a special screening. THE DEUCE will not be premiering on HBO in June. They are late in submitting their press announcement about June’s schedule, but this series will not be on it.

• That’s too bad. Anything David Simon touches is gold! Been looking forward to it since I first heard about it. Thanks for getting back to me. By the way – you seem to know the field, so: Do you know if there’s any word on whether the rumored Legacy of Ashes will become a reality?

• Jef Dinsmore /

According to what David Simon’s own website reveals the answer is “No” but then he hasn’t touched the site in a long while.

8. doodlev /

is grimm season 6 comming soon or

• Jef Dinsmore /

Uh, wrong network and think it aired it final season already.

9. Siegrid De Montigny /

Where is season 2 of Outcast???????

10. moneygame /

Why the hell is GOT not airing until July? What a bunch of horseshit

11. Shari Covens /

Please, please, please continue THE BRINK! So good!

12. Steven Mulroney /

Too many pussified new shows. The young pope, sucks, big little lies, sucks, girls, sucks!!!! Time for more action…..

13. Jim5757 /

HBO line-up is politically correct fare with little to no entertainment value – SHO, which is also politically correct with a dose of the mainstream, offers entertainment for a more diverse community that is watchable on its own merit.

• Bradley Adams /

Huh? That’s crazy. The only notable show on showtime is shameless.which is absolutely not politically correct. hbo has game of thrones and westworld. There haven’t been two better shows imo.

14. Bruce Robert's /

when will be the next game of thrones marathon?

15. Wasn’t girls on to be shown on february????? I’m sure I heard it from u guys ?!!! Why it’s tbd now?

16. demonweber666 /

Anyone know how to get the upcoming movies for February 2017 on HBO?

• Jef Dinsmore /

I’m not sure what you are asking. Do you want a list of the Saturday night premieres for Feb? A list of all the movies on the channel and its sites for the month?

HBO.com’s Schedule module can provide answers or you can clarify your inquiry here and we will assist.

17. racewme /

I hope you are bringing the 3D back soon. What a horrible time to remove it…Thanksgiving weekend???

The 3D content is the only reason I kept HBO….

18. where are the 3D movies? I always looked forward to new 3D movies, now there are none, what happened?

19. TESSA ADRIAN /

One of the easiest decision I have ever made was when I accepted to get married to a man I thought was my soul mate, my lover for 2yrs. He was the most handsome and honest man I have ever encountered, he was so kind respectful to me and my entire family. He gave me the reason to spend my entire life with him. I enjoyed 3yrs of love and sweet romance as his wife before the devil came into our home, his ex-girlfriend worked voodoo on him, she made him show me the bad side of him and also caused our divorce. The most annoying part was when she tried to take my life spiritually and physically, fighting to ensure am thoroughly erased from my husband before she takes over. It was getting tensed till the extent that I couldn’t sleep both day and night because she must be there to trouble me.
    Story short, I used the only available options left which was Dr. Wakina @ {dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com} before I lose everything including my life. Dr. Wakina was the last option because every other sources failed and his love spell worked wonders after 7days which saw the evil lady flee from us with immediate effect, the divorce case was reconciled within days as well.
    Since after the spell, I finally knew how to treat wicked and jealous people and a whole new lot of thing from Dr. Wakina. Happiness and joy has been in abundance in my family for the past 8months after the love spell. Thanks to dr. wakina’s love spell that works wonders {dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com}.

20. We cannot wait for “Fumes” to premier.

21. Josh Jennifer /

Am josh Jennifer from Sweden. I
    was having serious relationship problems with my boyfriend and it had
    resulted in him moving out to his friend’s apartment. Everything got
    worse because he started going to bars and strip clubs frequently with
    his friend, getting drunk and passing out. He always threatens me on
    phone whenever I call him because of all the bad advises that his friend
    has given him. I really love him and we had been dating for 8 years
    which gave us a beautiful daughter. I had also lost a lot of money on
    therapists until I was introduced to Dr.Ade by a friend whom he
    helped to marry her childhood boyfriend; this gave me total confidence
    and strength to get him back. I did all he asked and after 48 hours my
    boyfriend called me and rushed back home, things just changed between us
    emotionally. He has a job and stopped drinking and keeping irrelevant
    friends. It’s a miracle I never believed it was possible because I had lost
    all hope until I found Dr.Ade. So that’s why I promised to share my
    testimony all over the universe. All thanks goes to Dr.Ade for the
    excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in
    situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he
    has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too .Adespelltemple@gmail.com. or call him
    +2347057375409.

22. Erica L. /

Love the new series “The night of” Will there be a new series now that Episode 8 had such an anticlimactic end?

• Selassie Pickney /

How was the end anti-climactic? We’re so used to writers not wrapping up stories, we forget how stories are supposed to end.

23. Aria Kumar /

Really loved the Newsroom. I hope it wasn’t a ratings issue that drove the decision to cancel that show :(( Jeff Daniels was FANTASTIC as an ego-centric news anchor!

• Jef Dinsmore /

Aaron Sorkin is the one who killed it himself.

• shanauer /

Agreed. But I LOVE anything by Aaron Sorkin.

• Diana Bialkowski /

Jeff Daniels as well as the other cast were fantastic and I wish you would bring the show back. I just finished watching The Wire in its entirety (5 seasons) and it was great. So if the Deuce is anything like it I will be watching. You could bring The Wire back also. Baltimore still has massive crime.

24. Dylan /

Will the free preview weekend be available in Canada??

• Jef Dinsmore /

Not likely. You can easily find out though as it is underway. Search on your schedule guide of your cable or satellite provider and see if they have unscrambled the channel.

25. Dan75 /

Is HBO Go airing GoT as the same time on tv?

• Jef Dinsmore /

GAME OF THRONES will appear on HBONow/Go at the same time as it airs on TV. However, the streaming sites are NOT a part of the free preview weekend. You will have to have a subscription in order to watch on the sites.

26. billy /

it now looks like Westworld will start sun sep 11 instead of the summer

How do you know that?

• billy /

Well it looks like of the night will get the 9 o’clock summer slot. That series ends right before Labor Day. HBO takes a break Labor Day weekend for their series. Sunday, September 11. Would be when HBO would start up the fall lineup. I was one that thought Westworld would start in the summer but I guess extra time was needed for Westworld

• Jef Dinsmore /

I am not arguing the logic behind the premiere date it is just no official declaration that it will be WESTWORLD..

Though we all hope for it sooner than later its actual arrival is one of the great mysteries still. Half of what you read states it will appear yet in 2016 while others say it will make a great launch for Winter 2017.

WESTWORLD has been back in production for a while and only had a final few episodes to shoot so it could easily make it in 2016 yet if post-production work is not overly extensive. We all eagerly await.

• billy /

I agree, It my pure speculation that WESTWORLD will start in Sept. Though, Hbo web site has WESTWORLD 2016 and with production ending soon, my guess ,is now WestWorld starts this fall. The Deuce and 2nd season of Vinyl this winter… but will see. Maybe more info will be provided prior to sunday night premier of GOT

• xyz /

i hope its 10pm…..twd will be on in oct at 9pm

27. Kaguya /

wow almost forgot about games of thrones airdate just like DD, just 4 more days left.

28. Jessica Alves /

When will Girls season 6 start shooting and when will it air? Any clues?

• Jef Dinsmore /

Usually something pops up where Lena a crew are seen filming in NYC, but so far nothing. As for air date we are assuming that the final season will roll around this same time next year.

29. Youssef Alhalwagii /

When is this Dark hunters series gonna be released starring Chris Hemsworth and Colin O’donogune or whatever??

30. Thatsmia /

I dont see anything about Issa Rae’s series, insecure..was expecting to see it under in
    development. Any updates on it??

31. TimSPC /

What will be on Sunday nights after Game of Thrones finishes its season?

• Jef Dinsmore /

HBO has not officially announced that far ahead, but we are still saying that WESTWORLD will be the summer drama hour. Most of its premiere season is ready and they have resumed production already to complete the remaining episodes in the production.

If we are wrong then likely a couple of the limited series could slip into the schedule to fill the void before THE LEFTOVERS airs in the fall.

32. katie /

does anyone know what song that is playing during the promo?

33. rudster69 /

When will season 7 Game of Thrones air?

34. Masha Yastrebova /

the knick HAaaaaaaaaaa the show is dead

35. season 4 Banshee any word

• Jef Dinsmore /

BANSHEE will return for its eight-episode fourth and final season Jan. 29, 2016, exclusively on CINEMAX.

36. Fucking BALLERS instead of Looking or The Brink?????

Thanks. I feel better now.

• Jef Dinsmore /

Yeah, I wish we were privy to HBO’s decisions on what stays and what goes.

37. jholgate /

Should I torrent Game of Thrones, or get a subscription to HBO Go? :-D
    Seriously, though I have Kabletown, but I’d rather pay you guys direct…

38. J•••••a /

I miss boardwalk empire

39. Jasoomian /

Cinemax has a series called QUARRY in post-production….

40. Matt Eagan /

Will there be a “True Detective, Season 3?” If so, any ETA for its premiere? The first season was absolutely phenomenal! Woody and Matthew had awesome chemistry! The second season, though not horrible, left much to be desired after such an amazing 1st season. I think a Brad Pitt/Morgan Freeman cast would be great for a show of this genre (Think back to the movie “Seven”). Or how about a Tom Hanks/Liam Neeson, or even a Al Pachino/Robert Deniro reunion? Personally, I couldn’t get enough of the first season, and I pray they don’t end this series after laying an egg in season 2!

• Jef Dinsmore /

Check out our Yearender/Speculation post for our thoughts on TRUE DETECTIVE. We don’t think it will appear in 2016 at all.

41. This schedule is listing outdated news as 2015 schedule information. It says The Wire is running in marathon Dec 26, but that’s from 2014, not 2015 as described here.

42. Any news on the foundation series rumored way back when?

• Jef Dinsmore /

Sadly, there is not any word. That is a colossal undertaking and if it happens it will take a long while to write the screenplay alone I would think. We will jump on any news the second we have any.

43. Brad Delaney /

Any word on when “Sesame Street” season 46 debuts on HBO?

44. dragonfan /

we don’t have internet & would like to watch reruns of game of thrones….any idea when they will start the reruns??

• Jef Dinsmore /

Sadly, with HBO’s whole 2016 season pushed back we don’t even know when the next season will premiere let alone see any reruns.

• nick4158 /

get down to you’re local library and watch it there, that’s probably how you’re making this comment, right?

45. Kelly Idzi /

Did I just watch 7 season of true blood, for it to just end like that!!! Shocking!!! At least they could of done a few more episodes!!!

46. dannielle hankin /

Where is the live action adaptation of the manga “monster”?

• Jef Dinsmore /

Sadly, we have not heard anything. It is supposed to be by del Toro and he always seems to have so many irons in the fire that he never can keep up with them all.

47. paka lolo /

Need more True Blood

48. Kathleen Robertson /

1st time since 1997 considering canceling; Newsroom should have stayed, then True Blood gets a little stale & gone. Where’s shows Paquin was going to do…PLEASE look at Sarah Durant books HUGE variety reading thru all. East of China Sea! Great books out there waiting for creativity to bring to TV

49. Capadocia – why did HBO cancel it. Should seriously consider bringing it back.

• Gomorra76 /

Couldn’t agree with you more! Currently rewatching it all again.In my top 5 shows of all time! Alot of people didn’t like season 3,so I doubt they will bring it back.I didn’t mind s3,just wasn’t as good as the first two.

50. shyla /

Not sure which idiot thought it was a good idea to cancel boardwalk empire, second best show they have under GOT. Disappointed.

• where else could the story have gone????? they pretty much exhausted themselves because they were trying to stay close to the true history…..

51. Augustus /

I would love to see a revival/ spin off of Rome showing the reign of Octavian, perhaps past Tiberius into the rule of Caligula

52. Looking forward to ‘The Leftovers’ returning.

53. spidermonkey /

Bring back Kenny Powers… East Bound and Down.

• Jef Dinsmore /

Kenny Powers is not returning anytime soon, but the next best person is when Danny McBride returns to HBO with VICE PRINCIPALS.

54. bcanndid /

SO sad to see “The Newsroom” has run its course. That was a series I was hoping would be around for years. SO well written, SO well executed. Sadly, not even a full final season…..