It’s New Year’s Eve 1922 and the Roaring ’20s are about to begin in earnest. Despite a booming economy, alcohol is scarce in Atlantic City, competition is at its fiercest and gangster violence is heating up. The 12-time Emmy® Award winning Boardwalk Empire is back on August 20, 2013 when the third season debuts on Blu-ray with HBO Select* ($79.98), DVD ($59.99) and Digital Download. Hailed as “striking,” (Time.com) with “first-rate performances” (USA Today), Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Third Season is jam-packed with exclusive bonus material and is not to be missed!
Nucky Thompson has become Atlantic City’s undisputed czar during Prohibition and is facing the challenge of mending old relationships. While his marriage lies in shambles, he faces new competition from Gyp Rosetti, a hair-trigger gangster determined to siphon off his alcohol business. The conflict brings out the best and worst in Nucky, who proves his brutal mettle in a series of violent encounters, as new and familiar faces also undergo compelling metamorphoses.
Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- American Empires: Prohibition did little to quench the country’s thirst for alcohol, and proved to be a boon to the era’s gangsters. Learn more about these gangsters, their influence, and their systems of distribution in this interactive compendium.
- Boardwalk Chronicle: Track the major players and locations within each episode, and learn more about the historical threads woven into the season three storyline with this interactive, in-feature guide.
- Newsreels: Explore some of the real-world events and historical figures that inspiredBoardwalk Empire season three with these 24 exclusive featurettes.
- Distilling Season 2: Look back at season two with this 14-minute recap featuring creator/executive producer Terence Winter.
- New Characters: An introduction to Gyp Rosetti, Billie Kent, Gaston Means, Dean O’Banion, and Benny Siegel.
- Boardwalk Empire – Director’s Chair: Hear directors Tim Van Patten and Allen Coulter break down key scenes from season three, and how they approach taking the series from the script to the screen.
- Scorsese on Season 3: Award-winning director and executive producer Martin Scorsese provides a unique and detailed perspective on the third season of Boardwalk Empire.
- Audio Commentaries: six audio commentaries with cast and crew including creator Terence Winter, Steve Buscemi, Bobby Cannavale, Gretchen Mol and more.
Can’t wait to relive the magic of season 3? Pre-order yours on Amazon to be sure yours is waiting on your doorstep this summer.